Skip to content

Pressing this button should quickly hide the page. Consider using your web browser's private browsing mode to protect your browsing history.


Carers in Herts – support and information to unpaid family and friends who look after someone.

Get a break from caring – we may be able to help if you need a break from caring for the adult you look after.

Carer support from Hertfordshire County Council – if you look after an adult who couldn’t manage without you, you're a carer. There's support for you too.


Care homes

Care Choices – find a local home care provider.

Help finding a care home

Herts Care Search


Funding your care

We'll give you the advice and support you need to work out the best way to pay for care. There are lots of things we can talk to you about including:

  • care assessments and planning
  • brokerage services
  • if you qualify for local authority support
  • deferred payments linked to the value of your home
  • benefits advice
  • debt counselling
  • gaining intendent financial advice and financial planning. 

Get information posted to you


You can also find more advice from Hertfordshire County Council on arranging and paying for care.

You can search for a local independent financial advisor through SOLLA.

Other sources of support we can refer you to are:


If you can't find the information you're looking for, call us on 0300 123 4044 or email