Age UK Hertfordshire - InTouch
InTouch is a countywide in depth telephone support service. It aims to help older people aged 50 and over to live independently in their own home for longer with increased health and wellbeing.
This is a free service where people can call or referrals can be made by statutory providers such as Adult Care Services, Hertfordshire County Council and GP Practices. Other voluntary organisations can also refer. Non-medical support is offered at times when considered most challenging, life changing and most needed. They can help by:
- listening to your concerns
- providing support
- empowering you to make the right choices
- signposting you to other suitable organisations.
Get in touch on 01992 629358 or 01992 634964
Lines are open Monday - Friday from 9am - 4pm.
Age UK Call in Time
They offer free friendship calls to the over 60's. Call in Time is a free telephone befriending service for matching volunteers with older people.
Day Centres and Luncheon Clubs
Age UK National Advice Line
Age UK Advice is a free, confidential national phone service for older people, their families, friends, carers and professionals. A team of expert advisors can give you up-to-date, reliable information to help if you:
- want to know about benefits and how to claim them
- are worried that you can't afford to retire
- anxious about a planned hospital stay and how to cope when you leave
- need advice on choosing the right care home.
Call: 0800 169 2081 or 0800 055 6112
Free, independent advice is available 365 days a year from 8am - 7pm