Why we need your information
Hertfordshire County Council will use the information you provide to offer assistance to people who may be vulnerable during the current coronavirus outbreak.
The information you have provided will be used to allow us to fulfil our statutory duties under Health and Social Care Act 2014.
What we will do with your information
The information you give us will be held by the Herts Help working in co-ordination with Team Herts Volunteering team. In order to deliver this service we may share your information with other teams within the public or voluntary sector who will be able to provide the most appropriate help and support.
How long we will keep your information
The information that you supply to us will be kept on file for as long as necessary in line HCC’s retention schedule. This will depend on the nature of the information provided and the action taken as a result but is unlikely to exceed 7 years.
What are your rights?
Hertfordshire County Council will be the Data Controller for this information.
You have a number of rights over the data we collect and hold about you.
- You have the right to be informed about what information we hold about you and how we use it.
- You have the right to request copies of any information the Council holds about you by making a subject access request.
- If information we hold about you is factually inaccurate you have the right to have it corrected.
- You have the right to object to the way we are using your data.
- You have the right to request that your data is deleted. However we may be unable to delete your data if there is a need for us to keep it. In this case you will receive an explanation of why we need to keep the data.
- You can also request that we stop using your data while we consider a request to have it corrected or deleted. There may be some circumstances in which we are unable to do this however we will provide an explanation if this is the case.
- In certain circumstances you may also request data we hold about you in a format that allows it to be transferred to another organisation.
- In the event that decisions are taken using automated processes you have the right to request that these decisions are reviewed by a member of staff and to challenge these decisions.
If you would like to request copies of your data, request that your data is deleted or have any other queries in relation to data which the Council holds about you please contact the Data Protection Team.
Data Protection Team
Hertfordshire County Council
Tel: 01992 588099
You can also contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com or in writing to the address above.
If you are unhappy with the way that Hertfordshire County Council has used your data or with the way we have responded to a request you also have the right to contact the Information Commissioner’s Office www.ico.org.uk .